Sunday, February 7, 2010

A little history of my 1st supernatural natural delivery



On the 18th July 2008 at 6.28a.m., "little" Mckayla was born into this world!
Weighing at 3.9Kg or 8.598 lb, lbs.
Look at the size of her head (picture below)! And the amount of hair she carry! She is certainly a supernatural child born unto this earth!


Place of delivery: Thomson Medical Centre

Duration of Gestation: 40+ weeks

Birth order: 01

Head circumference: 36 cm
Weight at birth: 3900 gm
Length at Birth: 53 cm
(Considered a tall baby in the 90 percentile)

Blood group: A+

*Apgar Score:
1 min > 9
5 min > 10

* Apgar score is a simple and repeatable method to quickly and summarily assess the health of newborn children immediately after childbirth.

APGAR being
(Appearance, Pulse, Grimace, Activity, Respiration)


In the afternoon of 17th July 2008, felt a thump from lil. Mckayla, like a little knock which comes with a feeling that I have never felt before during my whole pregnancy. It was as if saying that to me that she was about to arrive.

True enough, 1st contractions started at 5++pm. I woke up feeling my muscles in the womb tightening.
The interval of the contractions started 45mins apart.
Until about 12pm midnight, the contractions were more consistent being 10-15 minutes apart.
Upon listening to my gynae's instruction which is to admit hospital if I feel 10mins interval.
So I decided to wash up and do some last minute packing before heading to hospital.

Arrived hospital at about 2am, contractions 5-10mins apart. Nurses don't believe that I'm going through labour as I looked perfectly relaxed and calm.
Clear bowels, apply antiseptic. Gynae came and break my water bag. Already dilated to 2cm.
Pushed into labour ward at 3++am. Where the contractions became more & more intense.
Somehow around this time.. I felt the contractions painful and the nurses recommended that I should use epidural. But I refused mainly because I don't want the epidural to affect my body or breastfeeding later.
So she recommended the gas mask for some pain relief.

My hubby, Isaac helped me to put on the gas mask and off when I experience the contractions.
The gas mask was pretty useful in the sense that it calm myself and I felt more comfortable. However, it made me quite drowsy and felt like going into deep sleep.
When I felt the urge to push, which now I believe is that baby is crowning, called in the nurses and the doctor.
I think I was 4cm dilated then. But I am not suppose to push yet until I have very much dilated.

By this time, I heard the evil one speaking to me, 'Where is your God?' I knew he was speaking to my belief on God for a supernatural painless delivery. Because I was feeling so uncomfortable and in pain.
But I rebuked him and said, 'Even if I am to use the epidural, I still trust in God.'

After this, I have dilated to about 8+cm, whereby the doctor also started to ask me to push.
Time was about 5+am. I was pretty worn out and I also felt like giving up because it was really tiring and pain-staking.

Before baby's head was out, I did a final push, doctor did a episiotomy and next moment, baby Mckayla arrived!
She was crying out a healthy loud shout. I presume that she is exclaiming, 'Hi Daddy & Mummy!' For the very 1st time! Haha!



Also the 1st thing that the doctor said was that Mckayla was a pretty big baby and also I had done a good job!
I was so relieved and yet in my heart I am so thankful to all the medical team, my husband (for being with me), my mother (for giving birth to me) and the most special person I want to thank is Jesus!

I could not have done this through Him. As I really felt like dying then.. ALL GLORY to GOD!!!
Reflecting now I am really not sure how I made it through.

I call this supernatural natural delivery!!


Hi Mckayla! - Mummy Dom


Dom's mum, lil. Mckayla, Mummy Dom & Daddy Isaac

Versus for the week!!!
-- Confessions

1Tim2:15 "Nevertheless she will be saved in childbearing if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control."
-- Not by might, not by power but by Your spirit!

Jn 14:27 " Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give you to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
-- There's nothing to be afraid, for You are with me!

Jn15: 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
-- To be rooted and grounded in the word.. I'm growing stronger and stronger each day!

9 “As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. 10 If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have ... See Morekept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

11 “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.

Jn1:24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.
-- Dear Jesus, I ask that my joy will be full during the whole process of the labour that I also will bring Glory to your name and people will come to You!

Jn9:31 Now we know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does His will, He hears him.
-- I'm a worshipper of God, He hears me!

Matt22: 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’ ? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.”
-- I choose the life of God, that is my salvation!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww!!to tink now Mck has grown into a pretty and realy super cute smart gal!!:D

    Roy:D

    ReplyDelete